NCF Summer Term
Junior Age 3 - 4
1. Provide sunglasses, sunhats, swimming costumes, etc. in the fantasy corner.
2. On a warm day provide big and small containers with the water table.
3. Also on a warm day, make lots of small holes in plastic 2l bottles and let the children fill them with water and play in the ‘rain.’
1. The children get into line according to what they are wearing, e.g. all the girls wearing dresses, all those in sleeveless tops, those with shorts, all those with short sleeves, sandals, flip-flops, etc.
Cut some large (full sized A4) and small suns (A5) from yellow card, enough to give each child one, or play in smaller groups if you have a lot of children. The aim of the game is to compare and sort the suns according to size - big and small. There are stencils in the attached PDF.
PDF Sun stencils
1. Find the big summer tree and the small summer tree. How do they compare to the house? Colour in the trees.
2. Find and colour in the 2 ice lollies and the number 2 that goes with them.
1. Draw some flowers and bees.
2. Draw an ice cream you would like to eat.
3. Draw a summer tree.
Make a poster showing a large, green summer tree. Prepare a green leaf or red apple for each child showing their name and symbol. As the children arrive in the morning they place their name onto the tree and take it off before they leave in the afternoon.
PDF Colour apples and leaves